The Clear Street Markets team adds liquidity and transparency to electronic markets across the globe.
Our cross discipline team holds degrees in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, and Statistics. We share ideas and collaborate to maximize our differing experiences and backgrounds. Our team finds inspiration everywhere, including academia and parallel industries, sparking our next great ideas.
As a C++ Software Engineer, you will focus on building scalable systems for handling a variety of data, where optimizing for speed and stability is at the heart of our solutions. We engineer highly performant distributed systems using a mixture of tried and true methods (C/C++), and we constantly evaluate newer technologies and the open source communities that support them.
C++ Software Engineer Characteristics:
- You have 3-5 years of experience delivering products that call on your knowledge of computer architecture to optimize code down to the nanosecond, accounting for every i/o cycle.
- You perform deftly when contributing code to the sub user space (drivers, network levels, etc) with a depth of knowledge in writing multi threaded applications.
- You refer to the Intel architecture manuals to seek out low-level optimizations
- You understand how memory is laid out, and can easily design cache-friendly structures
- You see ways to implement C++ code in your sleep.
- You have a strong command over data structures and algorithms.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- You have a Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- An environment that champions collaboration and prioritizes pragmatic solutions to complex problems.
- Work that is fast paced, intellectually challenging, and most of all, profoundly rewarding.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.