At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will design, build, and maintain the core infrastructure used by all of Clear Street's engineering teams; delivering an exceptional engineering experience and fault-tolerant foundation. You will work across the entire stack, ensuring internally critical and externally visible systems have reliability, uptime appropriate to users' needs, and a fast rate of improvement. You will have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale for a first-of-its-kind financial platform.
Infrastructure Engineer Characteristics:
- You engineer for engineers; you continuously challenge the definition of exceptional engineering experiences and velocity. You are motivated to enable 10xers.
- You are able to write high quality code and enjoy expanding your programming language repertoire.
- You are an agent of productivity and engineering performance, seeking to continuously optimize existing systems and eliminate work through automation.
- You think about systems—their edge cases, complexities, and ability to scale resiliently.
- You have 2+ years working with cloud technology and tooling (Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Linux).
- You are dedicated to understanding the origins of system instability and enjoy using data to identify trends in system performance and designing predictive solutions to recurrent issues.
- You are comfortable debugging across the stack and instinctually reflect on your solution's impact on the system as a whole.
- You have a solid foundation in Computer Science and Distributed Computing.
Infrastructure Engineering Stack: Go, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform, Postgres, Kafka
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks