Software Engineer - New Grad Rotation
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
Our Software Engineer Rotation immerses new team members in multiple engineering projects and presents a variety of challenges unique to each of our teams. With each rotation, you will develop a foundational understanding of capital markets and how our technology impacts them. The program will encourage software engineers to gain a better understanding their strengths and interests and culminate with a permanent placement on one of our teams. We're looking for individuals who can embrace discomfort, be honest, and disagree constructively to make an impact with the solutions they create.
**The first rotation will begin in July 2021.
Teams/projects in the rotation:
- Product: building out full scale web applications and internal tools
- Data Ops: handling data processing and analytic capabilities
- Platform: building upon distributed systems and microservices
- Infrastructure: SRE and productivity engineering
Software Engineer - New Grad Rotation Characteristics:
- You have built a solid foundation with a degree in Computer Science, or a related field.
- You have a strong track record of building interesting projects, whether during internships, school, or independently.
- You adapt easily to learn unfamiliar systems and are eager to deepen your knowledge of financial markets.
- You invest in yourself; you enjoy learning and exploring new languages and tools.
- Bonus: A demonstrated interest in financial markets.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks