Senior Fullstack Software Engineer
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer, you will skillfully architect and design new features and products that our users interact with daily. You will help lead initiatives to build and maintain APIs, services, and systems for our products. You will be challenged to deliver high functionality and an unparalleled user experience. You will iterate rapidly on features, tooling, and processes as we launch the first versions of new products and build on existing ones. Your passion for being a stack-generalist while dreaming up innovative experiences will drive the development of core product features. As a voice of experience in the team, you will help mentor teammates, evolve our technical standards and best practices, and further our culture of system designs. At Clear Street, you will do all this, enjoy working with the latest technologies, and building brand new products.
Senior Fullstack Software Engineer Characteristics:
- You have 5+ years of experience delivering products where you led the design and implementation from the ground up (we implement our code in Golang (Go), but you may be more experienced in Java, Python, or C#).
- You take pride in helping your team in delivering great products; prioritizing usability and clarity while designing and implementing services and APIs, all at scale.
- You enjoy learning and exploring new frameworks, component libraries, and tools. You invest in yourself and you find joy in sharing your learnings with others.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- Your experience will help you mentor team members, define our engineering standards, and drive a system design approach to building new services.
Fullstack Engineering Stack: Typescript, React, Go, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Postgres, Node
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks