About Clear Street:
At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
Our Finance team is small but growing in a fast paced environment where you can learn the business from the ground up. The team is very flat, so you will be a peer helping in all aspects of the accounting and reporting functions. The team looks to be cross trained in several disciplines to solve challenges that go beyond the scope of one confined problem space. They work collaboratively with different teams across the organization to ensure that finance and accounting functions are handled in timely fashion. As technology is leading our company's efforts, the team will also look to utilize technology to take the mundane tasks of accounting and create automated processes to grow Clear Street into the future.
- Work directly under the Controller to develop and maintain strong internal controls ensuring accurate and up to date reporting.
- Help with the automation tasks for the move from QuickBooks to NetSuite.
- Handle tasks and projects including account reconciliations, accounts receivable and payable processing, assisting on monthly close, preparation of internal and external reporting and assisting in audit related documentation requests.
- You have 0-2 years of experience in an accounting related field.
- You understand the necessary components of monthly reports and feel comfortable owning accounting processes.
- You have intermediate to advanced Excel skills and enjoy learning and employing new tooling that increases efficiency.
- You have learned best practices and industry specific accounting methodologies for financial service providers, specifically broker dealers.
- You thrive when challenged to own projects that require you to identify and solve complex problems while developing robust processes.
- You're an excited learner who is inspired to dig into the details.